** Please feel free to comment! It tells me that people are reading this and makes me feel warm inside ; )

Sunday, December 4, 2011

#45 The Ultimate Nica Party


Every year on November 17th, a town on the opposite side of the Island has Ometepe’s biggest party of the year. As I’ve been to my share of Nica parties, I was completely unprepared for just how huge this party was. This party, with its packed dancefloor, cock fights, both DJs and live music, bull riding, carnival rides, and 50 cent drinks put Miami’s Ultra Music Festival to shame. This was also the Thursday prior to the marathon I had helped plan with my youth group, so a few other volunteers came down early to partake in the festivities also : )

Turtle eggs and fried plantains 
Some highlights from the night:
  • Eating huevos de Tortuga (turtle eggs) – not very good, don’t intend to eat them again
  • Getting my dance on with the cute girl that works at my new house for the whole night
  • Watching my new host parents out dance every young 20 year old on the dance floor
  • Seeing a Nica boy band perform, and pumping up with the crowd with the question “Who here’s got Facebook!?!?” and following it with a song all about Facebook and relationships
  • As mentioned before, the 50 cent rum and cokes
For this event next year, I will be pressuring my friends and family from The States to attend, so be prepared or just mark your calendars now. 





New host parents killing it on the dance floor

Nothing to see here

Incredible.
Cock fighting

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha!! I really enjoy reading your blog. And your picture captions are so entertaining. Sounds like this fest is where it's at- especially if it puts Ultra to shame. Speaking of which, did you see the stacked line up for this year?

    ReplyDelete