** Please feel free to comment! It tells me that people are reading this and makes me feel warm inside ; )

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

#50 Happy Holidays!

Home sweet home
I think the 20 volunteers in my small business group are a truly exceptional group of individuals. This entire Peace Corps experience, while at times challenging, has genuinely been so much easier to handle with the volunteers in my group and in Nicaragua in general. I can’t express how much of a burden has been lifted from my shoulders just being surrounded by such wonderful people. As the holiday season comes, the strain of not being surrounded by family has been far easier just because of the wonderful volunteers here in Nicaragua.

Sunset from the port
Time continues to fly by and the holiday season has already came and (almost) went, but the only thing I’m celebrating is a reunion with my friends and family in the coming weeks. New Year’s Eve will be celebrated with my closest Peace Corps friends in Nicaragua’s backpacker’s central, San Juan del Sur, where we have rented an apartment for a few nights and expect things to get wild.

Then the following Tuesday, I make my way towards the airport where I have an early flight Wednesday morning to go home! I’ll be home in Trumbull on Jan 4th and 6th, Philly area for the 5th, then a nice fluffy week with my parents on the island of Turks and Caicos. Tropical island to tropical island… life could be worse.

Besides, of course, seeing all my family, the things I’m most excited for are (in no order):

Hot showers
That little pup Riley
No mosquitoes
No bugs in general (especially in my bed/bathroom)
Feeling genuinely clean and staying clean
Carpeting and bare feet
A week free from religious bombardment
Sushi
No deep fried food, rice, or beans
English
Wireless Internet from my bed
Sofas and television
Well lit mirrors
Reeses peanut butter cups

1 comment:

  1. Zac- Have a wonderful time @ home with your parents and friends.. Make your New Year's meeting a real celebration of all you have accomplished.. Our best wishes always, Odile and Freddy.

    ReplyDelete