** Please feel free to comment! It tells me that people are reading this and makes me feel warm inside ; )

Saturday, June 18, 2011

#22 Granada


Last Saturday my family took Jake, Julian, and myself to Granada for a little afternoon delight. An hour and a half on the public school busses later, we arrived in the chaotic behind the scenes streets of Granada. We took another minibus to the lakefront park of Granada through bumpy roads filled with street venders, dirt, and interesting odors. The park was seemingly uneventful, here is a video from the beach with the family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxyy5GONk8A  and here are some pictures 





After, we went to the central square area of Granada where there are beaufitully colored buildings and a radiant yellow church. There was a marching band practicing, drug dealers peddling, and plenty of gringos getting their tourism on. Granada overall wasn’t as interesting as I had expected (hence this nothing of a blog post) and seemed like a clean band-aid of tourism placed over a generally otherwise impoverished town. The next day I would be on my way to Ocotal where I would get the opportunity to live with a current volunteer and find out what life is like after training. That post will make up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment