** Please feel free to comment! It tells me that people are reading this and makes me feel warm inside ; )

Sunday, June 5, 2011

#20 Week at a Glance

This week has been relatively busy, hence the lack of posts. I'll write a full post tonight and post it next time I get internet access.
This past week:

  • We went to Masaya to watch the Barcelona/Man U game. Explored the city, got Frosted.
  • We had our first real youth group meetings. We now have a solid 15+ teens showing up.
  • We finished 3 weeks with our first teacher. Next week starts weeks 4-6 with a different teacher.
  • We had several technical meetings to prepare for our jobs once at our permanent sites.
  • Trained with the agriculture volunteers at a farm, learned several easy and interesting recipes (including: wine, soap, chocolate, bean fudge, Marango - this magical nutritional herb, cough syrup) all made from raw materials found in Nicaragua. 
  • Met with the professor again to write our lesson plans because I'll be teaching a high school senior class on Thursday : /


I know there are more. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment